LOVE ME.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

$9.90 slippers

GOSHHH... Thanks to the slippers...

Yesterday, I was on my way to National lib to meet my friends for our full-day-mugging- session. I reached the study lounge at 9.20, saw my friends and started walking towards them. Just as im doing so, my left slipper suddenly gave way and the STRAP CAME OUT. Just like that. PHEWWW~! luckily it happened there and then at the lib, Can you imagine me,limping my way from the city hal stn if it have broke earlier?! I'll probably just dig a hole and hide myself.

Ika borrowed her slippers to me, i rushed down to cheers(yes you never read wrongly, its CHEERS,the 7-11 alike shop at Bras Besah) spent 10mins choosign a new pair of slippers.. HAHA! and its not bad, i think its nice! hehehe...

I must have accumulated some good karma :)


next... the SWELTERING HOT WEATHER.

Incident 1: I had a lecture at 3.30 today, so as usual, took the normal 7minutes route to the bustop. Note: I havent walked under the blazing sun for weeks coz most of my lessons were in the mrn. I nearly fainted, it was SO SO SO HOT. I could literally feel the sweat tickling down my BACK. YUCKS. nevermind. At last, I reached the bustop.
Damn. The bus took a good TWENTY mins to reach. The expression on my face must have been scary or extremely fierce, I recalled, no one was standing within 2meters of me despite the fact that the bustop was CROWDED.. HAHAHHA... My face was as black as ah neh.

Incident 2: I realised, I'm easily agitated, irritated and grumpy recently. I was talking to Dolly at the nat lib yesterday and ika thought we were QUARRELING when we were not. HAHA! Our expressions must have been real fierce. hee..

and therefore I made a conclusion: I'm a kind soul, sweet, good natured and SELDOM blow my top. The recent episodes of bad temper, irritatingness, grumpiness is SOLELY due to the increased temperature. In other words,

BLAME it on the WEATHER.

Speaking of which, there's this rising awareness on global warming. This broughts up the global community, combined efforts to ease the problem. Haha.. i saw the represent of World Bank urging coporations to contribute and do their part. COOL!! Mass media is definitely the best medium to reach out to people and all these actions defintely speaks louder than words. Actually, all this starts from you and me! ( sounds like an advertisment line right?!) We should do OUR PART for our mother earth!

Save save save, take only when its necessary. Mr bean's a shop that I patronise on a regular basis and they ALWAYS puts my soya bean drink in plastic bags. I was thinking, i actually don't need the bag when I'm drinking on the spot. So recently, I stopped asking for it. Each action COUNTS you see. Hee.. Trips to shops like Popular too.. When i buy small items, I don't ask for package anymore, I'll just dump them into my bag.

There are certain movements tht have taken in place to support the green movement.
1) IKEA. - my favourite furniture mall, their meatballs are FANTASTIC. haha.. ok the main point it, they don't provide plastic bags anymore. All customers are kindly advised to bring their own carriers, otherwise you would have to purchase ur plastic bags. and if im not wrong, all proceeds goes to some charity organisation.
2) SBS - Thank god for the person who created/invented E-Z link card. I think that saved TONS of paper for SBS. In the past, during the flimsy bus card era. you get a bus ticket whenever you board the bus, and the time spent to do so it LONG. Worse, you see the bus ticket EVERYWHERE in the bus. Between seats, on the floor etc. Worse i will keep mine in the wallet, and before i know it, the amount of bus tickets in my wallet is even MORE THAN the cash i carry.
3) The Earth day concert and the earth/green hour? haha.. whatever they call it.

You see... all this action COUNTS!!
As i'm typing this post,under a temperature of 30degree celsius, feeling sticky ALL over despite bathing like juz a few hours ago, I felt that we gradually or IS ALREADY feeling the impact of global warming.

The increase in temperature, spells of droughts, food shortage.. All this spells BIG TROUBLE to us.


ok.. I'm definitely supporting the Green movement, in fact I'm already thinking of bringing my own utensils when i go out in future. haha...


loves,
FJJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home