LOVE ME.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reviews: Yesterday.sg

I always frequent this website, one favourite of mine, an attempt to find out more about Singapore. That there's more to this small little dot than the "clean and green city" that we are always known for.

2 things to share:

The changi chapel & museum : http://yesterday.sg/detail/reconnecting_quilts_at_the_changi_chapel_museum2/

I went there once when i was younger, perhaps when it just opened. I didn't have much memories of the place except for the fact that I've been there.

I didn't know of the wonderful stories behind this place. About the singing quilts and the wall drawn by one imprisoned artist. I was never a fan of WW2 nonetheless history. But this one draws me, I have this urge to visit the museum.

Will schedule for a trip soooon!


Hum Jin Peng of Maxwell Food Centre:
http://yesterday.sg/detail/a_tribute_to_maxwell_food_centre_hum_jin_pang/

I've been to this food centre a couple of times when I was working at my previous job. But boy! I've never notice this show. *faints* Actually I'm not really a hum jin peng person, it's their perseve and the rain-or-shine-i'll-still-be-open spirit that attracted my attention.

I always feel that there's more to it than the food itself, it's the effort and thoughts that the people put in while preparing their food. Like the uncle, how he opens his shop even in public holidays. Working rain or shine, day in day out even when he's real old. The bond he shares with his regular customers, the faith that he have in you that he allows u to diy yourself.

I simply love it. It somehow injected in some human touch, humanistic and warmth into the world we are living in. You should see how some of the people in food court handle their food, as if we owe them money or something. Hmph!

ok! will make a note to go maxwell food centre. SOON. this week perhaps. HAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home