LOVE ME.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10 ways to HAPPINESS.

I'm one who strongly believes in self-awakening process, firmly believeing in inspirational messages and quotes to motivate and encourage myself.

I have this note that my srjc form teacher (also my FAVOURITE form teacher EVER :)))))) ) She loves to write notes of encouragement to us, her form class. There's one that she wrote among the many several that I always bring along with me. It's in my daily journal.
It says:

Awakening.

Be Compassionate.
Give hope in times when you feel there is none in sight.
Motivate yourself and stimulate self-improvement.
Be sensitive and tap into your own versitility.


Well, it seems that recently I've met some setbacks. and yes the Little-miss-happy-silin WAS feeling sad for awhile. But well if you know her ENOUGH, hahaha, she bounces back pretty quickly.

and what's the remedy you may ask?


I came across the 10 ways to happiness on the sunday papers (the chinese one) and coincidentally, many of the things mentioned was what I have always been DOING!
Here goes:


10 ways to HAPPINESS.


1. Do not be angry.
don't get into fights, don't quarrel. Instead, thrash it out, talk over the issue CALMLY.
(that's SO ME. I don't even remember when was the last time I got angry. HAHA! I prefer to reason things out.)


2. To share the best things that happened each day with your love ones.
(ME! I just love to share all the interesting incidents with all my love ones like almost immediately. HAHA. And for some reasons, there's always interesting things going on around me!)


3. LAUGH OUT LOUD
(HAHA! I'm easily tickled. I just laugh at the slightest silliest things. and it always feels good. Hearty laughter, it just totally brightens up my day!)


4. Do more *cough cough* with your partner.
(Well, I have nothing to contribute!! LOL)


5. Listen to your favourite songs.
(I must thank my friends for this. Si Lin is blessed with lovely friends who always share their songs with her!! This totally works wonder on me! When I'm bored, I need a chirpy and strong bass song to inject some enthusiasm in me. When I need to relax and just STONE out after too much work/studying, the soothing voices of Olivia Ong etc totally shed the burden off my shoulders. AND AND AND, movie OSTS, it reminds me of the sweet scenes from that particular movie!! )


6. Put down all your burdens before moving on.
( I believe in giving each case/problem a proper verdict. Whenever I'm being put in this kind of situation, yes I'll dwell in the sorrows for a short while. Then I'll think through and I'll always try to put myself in another angle to look at the problem, there's always something to bring away frm it. Be it a precious lesson or some positive thoughts that you have never notice before.)


7. Say the magic word: I love you!
(Haha. No need to explain too much. I always tell my love ones how much I LOVE THEM! Express my love THAT openly. hee. You have to you know, cause I don't want to regret only :) when it's too late. )


8. Give Hugs
( I once read this somewhere, that humans were created with extended hands so as to give HUGS. Give hugs to love ones, embrace a hug sincerely. That always makes me feel good. Haha. It's like an assurance, the shelter after all the storms that you've been through.)


9. Cheer someone up
( Help to brighten up someone's day! There have been a report that says that people generally feels happier when they spend $$ on others. Stop by a bookshop to get a card or note or a small little gift for your friend! WHAT are you waiting for?! SHOWER ME WITH GIFTS! hee.)


10. Occasionally, flip through your old photos.
(I do that sometimes, to look at the photos. They capture the moment you see. My happy childhood, my old house, my carefree primary school days, secondary and JC too. and also people and places that no longer exist. The only way that they truly stay is in those photos and the wonderful memories that will always be in my heart. :) )


Well, so here you have it. The 10 ways to happier days! Haha. According to me, there are actually more than 10 ways you know, I feel that all these just serves as a direction. Ultimately, it's down to the individual, YOU. How you choose to live your life each day.


I've chosen mine! :)))))))))))))))))))))


loves,
FJJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home