LOVE ME.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The other end of the line.

The curious case of Benjamin Button:

It's a 2hour 50mins show. Be prepared to hit the toilet before the show starts! Watched that last week. Some parts were boring, but HEY. You cant have hightlights all the way in a show right? and just nice, the dull parts gives you a chance to go toilet! (I DID.)

I like the flow of the show. It starts off at the old folk's home, how the story proceeds and it gradually returns to the same place where it begins, and eventually, Benjamin dies there peacefully in the arms of his all time love Daisy. The way Benjamin keeps evidence of his lifetime in a journal attracts me, not just in words but also physical evidence like postcards. (I do that too!)

One other thing to take note is the settings. The location that was used as the old folk's home, the roof where Benjamin(a child in his late years) climbed. It's all shot at the Nolan house. Go read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Case_of_Benjamin_Button


The other end of the line:
I like the fusion of indian culture together with the big apple. Reminds me of my last position in this company which runs on 24 hours basis. Haha. The scenes of Mumbai, it really drew me in! I really need to get to Taj Mahal soon b4 it's gone. Although only a minor part in the show, it highlights the race disparity, how people normally portrayed the indians as.

The female lead is REALLY PRETTY! She have eyes that speaks. and somemore, the male actor reminds me of this australian guy that I met a few days ago. *blushes* He really LOOKS like the male lead.

It's just one of the movies with happy ending that will sweep me off the feet. Haha. You may say that this is TOO CLICHE. I just LOVE IT. How sweet this story is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Other_End_Of_The_Line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home